visegrad Snowkite Cup 2023
20 - 22 january 2023
Another edition of the snowkite festival in Orava is comming. We want to invite all fans of snowkiting on all levels of experience – proffesionalist and amatours. Thanks to support of the Visegrad Fund, we can surprise you with some new improvements, it will be event on wolrd class level!
- 3 disciplines (Race, Cross Country, Hangtime)
- Free intro snowkite courses
- All day event & Redbull Zubbor Car on the event
- Musical setting – DJ EKG (SK) during day, DJ Peter Luigi (PL) – after party
- SHUTTLE BUS – free transport during event (Sihelne – Chapel spot – Oravskie Vesele)
- A huge spherical tent – warm – musical heart of the event
- Prizes for winners and random gadgets for riders
- Tests of renowned brands: Flysurfer, Ozone, Peter Lynn
- Join snowkite session and spot exploration in Orava
- Music, bonfire, grill – integration with all snowkiters
Take part in snowkite competitions and integration with snowkiters from different countries! This event is not only for those who wants to compete. We are also there for those who would like to learn snowkiting or just chill in Orava region!
Competition takes place in 3 categories – Ski Open and Snowboard Open for man and woman:
- Race – main discipline – medium distance (about 2 km), 4 to 8 runs, classic regatta form,
- Cross Country – long distance (4-6km), varied terrain, one big race, everybody at once,
- Hang Time – Big Air Jam – who is in the air the longest
Results will be counted separately for women and men, but all riders starts together.
We have prepared a unique place – heart of the competition – a spherical event tent, where you can eat, rest, listen to music and integrate with snowkite family.
We invite you – once again – to a great sport competition in a mountain climate. There will be a lot of positive vibrations, music, wind, snow and of course kites, all down the Pilsko and Babia Góra mountains in the Slovakian Orava – between villages Sihelne and Oravskie Vesele. – Sk
video relation from Vsc 2022
Join VSC 2023 - registration
What are the costs?
- registration on the spot – during event – 30EU
As pat of the entry fee, we provide:
- Start in Race, Cross Country and Hangtime competitions
- Prizes for the winners (1,2,3 places)
- 2 hot meals + hot tea throughout the weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- souvenir Visegrad bag
- Entrance to a heated sphere tent
- Roadside assistance in the Orava region – in case of problems with access to spot
VSC 2023 Program
In case of favorable wind forecasts, we plan to do most runs on January 21 and 22. January 20 is a backup day for warming up and training.
Friday (20/01/2023) – TRAINING OR RESERVE DAY
08:00 – 16:00 Free program, preparing on race, trainings
10:00 – 16:00 Free intro snowkite courses
Saturday (21/01/2023) – EVENT DAY / SCHOOL
08:00 – 10:00 Riders Registrations
10:00 – 11:00 Opening ceremony, riders meeting
11:00 – 15:00 Race / Cross Country
15:00 – 16:00 Hang Time
11:00 – 16:00 Free intro snowkite courses
10:00 – 15:00 Kids Animations and Fun on the snow
16:00 – 20:00 AFTERPARTY ON SPOT IN TENT DJ EKG & DJ Peter Luigi
Sunday (22/01/2023) SCHOOL / TEST / EVENT DAY
08:00 – 10:00 Riders meeting
10:30 – 15:30 Final Race and Cross Country runs
10:00 – 15:00 Animations for kids
11:00 – 16:00 Free intro snowkite courses
15:00 – 16:00 OFFICIAL RESULTS, decoration
Competition Informations - Race
The RACE competition will run according to the standard regat form. We will race on the plan of a set triangle – with the wind, half-wind and against the wind. The loop will be about 1 km long, there will be 2 or 3 laps – depending on the conditions and number of participants. Heats minimum 4 (1 disqualification). During 2 days we will try to run about 8 runs. Competition is played on slight slope area.
There will be the 2nd Open Race Ski and Open Race Snowboard categories for men. As for ladies, competition will run with an attendance of more than 3 people in both categories – Ski and Snowboard. In the case of smaller number of participants, ladies will start in common category of man Open.
Competition information - Cross Country
Cross Country – a long distance race that stretches across the entire Orava spot. A treat for freeride and mountain snowkiting lovers. We hope that this year we would have enaugh snow to use entire spot to organize this competition.
The competition is played in area with different slopes with terrain obstacles. Cross Country will be held in two categories: Open Ski and Open Snowboard for men and women, from a common start.
We will try to play this discipline a second time in the history of the Orava Snowkite Challange.
Competition Information - Hangtime
Hangtime competition, which is one of the most spectacular disciplines, will be played in favorable wind conditions (predictable wind). Competition will take form of a Jam, approx. 45 minutes long, with 2 or 3 longest jumps (depending on the conditions and number of participants). Time that kiter spent in the air will count. Competitors will jump in some order, in pairs. The 1st longest flying kiter will be awarded in each of the two categories: Snowboard and Skis.
Trainings for begginers
VSC’s mission has always been to integrate new snowkiters, “infect” others with this sport and increase level of safety at the spots.
We invite beginners or those who would like to improve their skills for snowkite training on the dates: from 15 to 20 January and after the competition from 23 to 30 January – for the forecast.
We offer a 10% discount for training for the VSC – WILDBOARDS password mentioned during registering!
- Courses – phone booking
- 18 years or older (younger participants should have paper permission or adult accompany during trainig)
- Basic skills (skiing or snowboarding)
- Own equipment (skis, snowboard) – possibility to rent
Registration, additional information – Piotr + 48 503 735 10
VSC place - Chapel Spot
The competition takes place on one of the largest, highest spot in Orava. It is located between Sihelne and Oravskie Vesele, about 12 km from Polish border in Korbielów.
More information about spot – HERE